Monday, January 9, 2012

B.I.T.S Prep... a return to Fantasy.

So, holy hell its been a long time since I've blogged about anything. I guess now is as good a time as any.

The Big News: Signed up for Blood in the Sun. A 2 Day WHFB tournament north of Chicago.

The Bigger News: Jackie has decided to return to her collection of Ogre Kingdoms which started way back when the army was first released.

The Biggest News: Jackie is also going to B.I.T.S!

So, hubby and wife combo... Full of nerd rage from months of frantic modelling and painting. Driving from beautiful Kalamazoo Michigan to Chicago. Why for? A weekend of gaming.

I have never attended a Warhammer tournament. Be it 40k or Fantasy... I have only played casually around town, or with close friends. This is the logical next step in my mind. That being said I do have some reservations. For instance... If I begin playing against a super mega-fanboy... and he gets all jerky about rules I may have to destroy him and make him bleed all over the table. I play hockey son, I am not a docile gamer, and I don't deal well with cockbreathed doucheheads. Lets just hope this situation doesn't arise.

Now, B.I.T.S may be 6 months away, but that does not mean we just sit around and wait for the tourney. There is a lot of work to be done!

My Warriors of Chaos are 15 years old! I need to do some serious modelling. I need to replace a lot of my old, ugly warriors with new hotness. I need Hellcannons! You know what... now is the perfect time for a list!

What Tim has:

Crap.

What Tim needs:

Everything!

More specifically... I am planning on purchasing the following. (These will also have to be assembled and painted before the tourney)

-Lord on Disc
-Exalted Hero for BSB
-1 Box of Marauders (possibly depending on how my play testing goes)
-2 Boxes of Warriors
-1 Box of Knights
-Hell Cannons

These things, coupled with what I already have should give me a competitive list. That doesn't mean I'll win anything. But if I lose it wont be because my list sucks.

Jackie has a tougher hill to climb. Not only does she have NOTHING assembled or painted at the time of this writing. She doesn't know how to play. No sweat. Fanboys beware: Whatever reaction your douchebaggery might have elicited from me, Jackie will do 10x worse. Don't want to bleed on your models. Think twice before you smart off to a mother of 4. Just sayin' nerds.

Jackie is, as I type, assembling Ogres. She is diligently reading the BRB, and the plan is for at least a game a week around the house, and then another at the hobby shop. We'll see how that plays out. Honestly, her enthusiasm for the game is really awesome.

Beer and painting now. Beer and painting.

2 comments:

  1. Beer and painting... beer and painting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing you at BitS after finding your blog! I'll be keeping up with how you are doing with preparation. It's especially interesting because at this time of posting my wife just started a Daemon army as her first Fantasy army. Maybe I can convince her to attend Bits! Probably not, but we'll see.

    ReplyDelete