Monday, March 21, 2011

Armys and Armys and Armys

Post 1.

In the late 90's I was introduced to the table top war game Warhammer. I collected my first army, Chaos Humans in '97 for about $100. This blog will deal primarily with my collection of mini's and the games I play. The games I play are Warhammer, and Warhammer 40k. The former being a fantasy game made up of regiments of rank and file soldiers, war machines, and fantasy monsters. The latter a grim, dyspepsian, futuristic war game with skirmishing troops who wield high power ranged weapons, and ride in armored transports.

Currently I own and play Warriors of Chaos for Warhammer. I am in the midst of changed out my old mini's with the newly modeled ones from Games Workshop. I'm also re-scheming the the paint on these from the very boring Black and Silver Chaos thingy, to an arctic theme.

As far as 40k goes, my collection is a bit bigger. I am playing Orks, and I own Chaos Marines, and Necrons. My 12 year old son received his first army for Christmas, Ultra Marines, and my wife is giving thought to collecting her first army later this year.

So, here is the introduction. As time goes on I'll publish pics of some of my mini's, and articles about games I've played or watched, and thoughts about developments in the game.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment