Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Team Tournament Prep...

 Warhammer 40k

Double Down Team Tournament Sunday, July 21st

Location: Pop! Caffeine, Comics, and Gaming... Utica, Michigan.


This is an interesting for me, as it is my first team tournament. The format is as follows. Each player cannot provide more than 1,000 points. Both players MUST have 1HQ, and 1 Troop selection. The rest of the combined force will fill out a single force organization chart. Meaning, Both players are limited to 2 HQ (One Each), 6 Troop (1 each, with 4 remaining), 3 Elite, 3 Fast Attack, and 3 Heavy Support. The remaining 4 Troops, 3 Fast, 3 Elite, and 3 Heavy are to be used as the team see's fit, but there must be at least ONE selected choice from each category.

My partner for this is my friend Chris, who owns a well painted (by yours truly) Imperial Guard force. My options for this are my Orks, Space Marines, Chaos Marines, Chaos Daemons, Necrons, or Dark Angels... I usually stick with either Orks or Daemons for tournament play, but since the two forces also must use the allies chart, Space Marines were considered.

After much discussion and weighing the benefits of Battle Brothers VS Allies of Convenience, we have made our decision. We go east with a force of Heavy Imperial Guard Armor and a horde of Ork Boyz.

This decision is kind of a no-brainer really. An Ork Boyz mob is just about the best troops choice when it comes to hand to hand combat, and I have a lot of Boyz. Big 30 Ork blobs of teeth and Choppa's, with little regard for life, either their own or their enemies. Combine that with the best heavy weapons in the game from the Imperial Guard and I think we have ourselves a good force.

When deployed I believe our foes will face a tough decision. Take out armor, and that leaves huge units of Orks that will get up close, and personal really fast. Shoot the Orks, and the Armor will eventually do it's job. I do think we will be a tough match-up.

Luckily, I have 180 Ork Boyz painted. So, for this, there was very little painting that needed to be done. Just tweeking the lists and trying to read up on some of the armies I haven't seen a lot of. Should be a fun time.

2 comments:

  1. good luck Tim!
    be sure to use the changes to pile in move to your advantage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Actually last month I took second in a 40k tournament and that Challenge rule helped my Warboss kill and Eldar Avatar and an Eldar Wraithknight in the same game. Love those Re-rolls!

    ReplyDelete